We found 3 must have venison jerky recipes all hunters should have in their arsenal. Read on.
We went on a mission to find three top notch venison jerky recipes that were highly rated and came up with this great list that we think you will all enjoy.
1. Whole Muscle-Cut Style Venison Jerky
Mouth watering is all we have to say. Are you tired of choking your jerky down with a cold beverage? Well, look not further. This tender jerky is packed with bold flavor. The curing mix can be found at any sporting goods store, but make sure it contains either sodium nitrite or sodium nitrate.
- Salt (for soak)
- Commercial Curing Mix
- Seasoning Rub
2. Cidered Venison Jerky
This will tickle your taste buds with a light sweet flavor enhanced with natural smoke flavor. It’s is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next football party or a just a perfect snack.
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds venison, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (smoked salt will also add another level of flavor)
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried mushroom powder
3. Black Pepper Jerky
Get ready for a power punch of flavor and spice. We recommend this one with a cold beer…..and it’s a perfect blend for venison!
- 3 cups amber ale or lager
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cracked black peppercorns, plus 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper, for sprinkling before drying the meat
- 2 pounds trimmed venison round or bottom round, about 1 1/2 inches thick
Fire up your smoker or dehydrator and get after these tasty treats!